We are really pleased to announce our first Route des Grandes Alpes tour will take place starting on the 28th July 2012. The 10 day point to point tour with over 650 km of riding and 16 cols starts in Geneva and finishes in Nice with a rest day in Briançon.
The itinerary is as follows:
- Arrive – Geneva airport where we will pick you up. Please arrange to be at
the airport at about 4PM. Overnight stay in Thonon-les-Bains where you can set
up your bikes for the 10 day tour
- Day 1 – 80km – Thonon-les-Bains to Grand Bornand via the Col de Gets (900m)
and the Col de la Colombière (1613m).
- Day 2 – 92km – Grand Bornand to Bourg-Saint-Maurice via the Col des Aravis
(1486m) ,Col des Saisies (1432m), Cormet de Roseland (1968m)
- Day 3 – 78km – Bourg-Saint-Maurice to Lanslebourg via the Col d’Iseran
- Day 4 – 110km – Lanslebourg to Briançon via the Col du Télégraphe (1566m),
Col du Galibier (2646m)
- Day 5 Briançon rest day. Explore Briançon or ride the Col de Montgenèvre
- Day 6 – 104km – Briançon to Barcelonnette via the Col d’Izoard (2360m), Col
de Vars (2019m)
- Day 7 – 77km – Barcelonnette to Valberg via the Col de la Cayolle (2326m)
and Valberg (1673m)
- Day 8 – 57km – Valberg to Saint-Martin-Vésubie via the Col de la Couillole
(1678m), Col St Martin (1500m)
- Day 9 – 79km – Saint-Martin-Vésubie to Menton via the Col de Turini (1604m)
and Col de Castillon (800m)
- Depart – Menton. After breakfast we will drop you off at Nice airport or
station for 12PM
You can view more details and book online by visiting the Route des Grandes Alpes Tour page. In addition if you are a group of 6 or more then we can run this tour over 7 days or 10 days anytime through the summer and early autumn. Just contact us via our Custom Holidays page.