RAID Alpine / Route des Grandes Alpes Point to Point Cycling Tour
Cycle from Geneva in Switzerland to Nice in the South of France over the cols made famous by the Tour de France.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Dates and Book
The tour starts in Geneva with us picking you up from the airport. From here you ride 670KM over 16 cols staying in 9 different towns to the south coast of France and the bustling city of Nice. We run this fully supported tour over 10 days but can also organise the same tour over 7 days. We are also able to provide just luggage transfers each day or one big transfer from Geneva to Nice for your bike boxes.
Number of Guests
This holiday is for a maximum of 16 guests in total although we can create a custom tour for more guests
- We can organise the tour for groups of 2 or more anytime in May, June, July, September and early October
- Long Weekend stays to ride parts of the route
- Alternative routes are available
- We are able to provide airport transfers for an additional charge
- We are able to provide Carbon Cycle hire for 600 Euros
- Single rooms available for an additional 250 Euros per week
To secure your spot on this holiday you will need to pay a 20% deposit now. The remainder of the balance is due 12 weeks before the start of the holiday. You can also spread your payments by paying an additional 4 x 20% payments at any time up to the final payment day.
Buy a Cycling Map of the Route des Grandes Alpes
The More Than 21 Bends Cycling Tour Itinerary will be as follows
Arrival in Geneva
Col de Gets and the Col de la Colombière
Day 1 - Thonon-les-Bains to Grand Bornand via the Col de Gets (900m) and the Col de la Colombière (1613m).
Cormet de Roseland
Day 2 - Col des Aravis, Col des Saisies and the Cormet de Roseland
Day 2 - Grand Bornand to Bourg-Saint-Maurice via the Col des Aravis (1486m) ,Col des Saisies (1432m), Cormet de Roseland (1968m)
Day 3 - Col d'Iseran
Day 3 - Bourg-Saint-Maurice to Lanslebourg via the Col d'Iseran
Col du Télégraphe and Col du Télégraphe
Day 4 - Lanslebourg to Briançon via the Col du Télégraphe (1566m), c(2646m)
Today is a free day to explore the area or do some shopping in Briancon
Col d'Izoard and the Col de Vars
Day 6 - Briançon to Barcelonnette via the Col d'Izoard (2360m), Col de Vars (2019m)
Col de la Cayolle and Valberg
Day 7 - Barcelonnette to Valberg via the Col de la Cayolle (2326m) and Valberg (1673m)
Col de la Couillole and Col St Martin
Day 8 - Valberg to Saint-Martin-Vésubie via the Col de la Couillole (1678m), Col St Martin (1500m)
Col de Turini, Col de Castillon and Col d'Eze
Day 9 - Saint-Martin-Vésubie to Nice via the Col de Turini (1604m) and Col de Castillon (800m) and Col d'Eze
Today its time to say goodbye. With a good breakfast inside of you it will be time to depart Nice for your final destination
- Welcome meeting with ride and safety information.
- Fully supported rides from our vehicle with fresh water.
- Luggage transfers.
- Bike mechanic with tools and track pump.
- Picnic lunch every day we are riding except on rest day
- Twin room shared basis.
- Full GPX files and route profiles.
- Travel to the start of the holiday
- Travel from the finish of the holiday
- Travel Insurance.
- Evening meals and drinks.
No Details Found