Cycle the Route des Grandes Alpes (RAID ALPINE) with More Than 21 Bends
Embarking on a 7 / 10 or 14 day cycling holiday along the Route des Grandes Alpes promises an exhilarating journey through some of the most stunning mountain landscapes in Europe. This iconic route spans approximately 700 kilometers, from Lake Geneva to the French Riviera, crossing high mountain passes and showcasing the breathtaking beauty of the French Alps.
**Day 1: Thonon-les-Bains to Morzine (Approx. 80 km)**
– Begin your adventure on the shores of Lake Geneva in Thonon-les-Bains.
– Cycle through picturesque towns and ascend to the charming Alpine resort of Morzine.
**Day 2: Morzine to Col du Télégraphe (Approx. 90 km)**
– Conquer the challenging Col de Joux Plane.
– Continue through alpine landscapes to reach Col du Télégraphe.
**Day 3: Col du Télégraphe to Valloire (Approx. 50 km)**
– Descend into the Maurienne Valley.
– Tackle the iconic Col du Galibier before descending to Valloire.
**Day 4: Valloire to Briançon (Approx. 80 km)**
– Cycle through the scenic Hautes-Alpes region.
– Reach the historic fortress town of Briançon.
**Day 5: Briançon to Barcelonnette (Approx. 110 km)**
– Conquer the challenging Col d’Izoard.
– Descend into the Queyras Valley and cycle to Barcelonnette.
**Day 6: Barcelonnette to Jausiers (Approx. 60 km)**
– Explore the stunning landscapes of Parc National du Mercantour.
– Cycle to the charming town of Jausiers.
**Day 7: Jausiers to Nice (Approx. 130 km)**
– Descend through the Gorges de Daluis.
– Conclude the journey on the French Riviera in the vibrant city of Nice.
This 7-day cycling holiday along the Route des Grandes Alpes combines challenging ascents, thrilling descents, and awe-inspiring mountain scenery. Cyclists can savor the accomplishment of crossing legendary mountain passes while immersing themselves in the rich Alpine culture and enjoying the diverse landscapes that make this route a truly unforgettable adventure.
Are you looking to cycle the Route des Grandes Alpes ?
We offer a bespoke service for your Route des Grandes Alpes cycle ride from luggage and bike transfers to a full on support package with food and accommodation. In the first instance please contact us using the form below. The more information you can give us the better such as dates, group size, budget, riding style etc.