Alpe d’Huez More Than 21 Bends Cycling Tour
Cycle Alpe d’Huez, Col de la Madeleine , Galibier and more in our original 1 week cycling tour
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Dates and Book
This is the tour that started it all for us back in 2008. During the week long tour you will climb all the famous Tour de France climbs from the Oisans and Maurienne valleys plus a few other hidden gems.
Number of Guests
This holiday is for a maximum of 16 guests in total although we can create a custom tour for more guests
- We can run the tour for groups of 2 or more anytime in May, June, July and August
- Long Weekend stays
- We are able to provide airport transfers outside of the time specified for an additional charge
- We are able to provide Cycle hire with one of our partners in the Oisans
- Single rooms available
To secure your spot on this holiday you will need to pay a 20% deposit now. The remainder of the balance is due 12 weeks before the start of the holiday. You can also spread your payments by paying an additional 4 x 20% payments at any time up to the final payment day.
The More Than 21 Bends Cycling Tour Itinerary will be as follows
Arrival at our bike friendly house in the Oisans. Bike set up and welcome meeting
Col de la Croix de Fer
Climbing from our base in the Oisans we will tackling the Col de la Croix de Fer before descending down the other side to the Maurienne valley via the short but spectacular Col du Mollard and its magical switchback descent.
Lacets de Montvernier and the Col de la Madeleine
The Lacets de Montvernier should be on every ones itinerary. They maybe short in alpine terms but they are certainly sweet. After this short introduction comes the huge Col de la Madeleine .
Col du Galibier
Today we will be climbing from our base in the Maurienne valley back over to the Oisans valley via the Col du Télégraphe and the highest point of this tour the Col du Galibier
Today is a free day to explore the area or do some shopping in Bourg d'Oisans
Alpe d'Huez and the Col de Sarenne
Starting and finishing in the Oisans we will be tackling the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez and then the beautiful Col de Sarenne that sits above Alpe d'Huez.
Pas de la Confession
This ride is a series of climbs that travers Alpe d'Huez and will be the highlight of your week. Think small impossible roads cut into the side of the moutains. Spectacular views and beautiful descents.
Today its time to say goodbye. With a good breakfast inside of you it will be time to depart the Oisans for your journey onto your next destination.
- Welcome meeting with ride and safety information.
- Fully supported rides from our vehicle with fresh water.
- Luggage transfers.
- Bike mechanic with tools and track pump.
- Picnic lunch every day we are riding except on Wednesday
- Twin room shared basis.
- Full GPX files and route profiles.
- Travel to the start of the holiday in the Oisans
- Travel from the finish of the holiday in Oisans
- Travel Insurance.
- Evening meals and drinks.
No Details Found