Alpe d’Huez and Mont Ventoux Cycling Tour
Cycle Alpe d’Huez, Ventoux, Galibier and more on our week long cycling tour
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Dates and Book
The Alpe d'Huez and Mont Ventoux tour takes in the two legendary climbs of the Tour de France plus the Col du Galibier, Col du Télégraphe, Col du Glandon, Col de la Croix de Fer and the Nesque Gorge in Provence.
Join us for a seven day stay in three locations in the French Alps and Provence to ride iconic climbs from the Tour de France.
Number of Guests
This holiday is for a maximum of 16 guests in total although we can create a custom tour for more guests
- We can run the tour for groups of 6 or more anytime in May, June, August and September and early October.
- Long Weekend stays
- Ultimate 2 weeks stay with the Route des Grandes Alpes. A once in a lifetime cycling trip !
- We are able to provide airport transfers outside of the time specified for an additional charge
- We are able to provide Cycle hire with one of our partners in the Oisans
To secure your spot on this holiday you will need to pay a 25% deposit now. The remainder of the balance is due 12 weeks before the start of the holiday. You can also spread your payments by paying an additional 3 x 25% payments at any time up to the final payment day.
No details found.
Arrival at our bike friendly house in the Oisans. Bike set up and welcome meeting
Alpe d'Huez and the Col de Sarenne
Starting and finishing in the Oisans we will be tackling the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez and then the beautiful Col de Sarenne that sits above Alpe d'Huez.
Col du Glandon and Lacets de Montvernier
Climbing from our base in the Oisans we will tackling the Col du Glandon before descending down the other side to the Maurienne valley via the short but spectacular Lacets de Montvernier. For those feeling energetic there is also the possibility of a 2.5km detour onto the Col de la Croix de Fer that sits just above the Col du Glandon.
Col du Galibier
Today we will be climbing from our base in the Maurienne valley back over to the Oisans valley via the Col du Télégraphe and the highest point of this tour the Col du Galibier
Transfer to Ventoux
Today is transfer day. We will be travelling in the More Than 21 Bends minibus to the Ventoux region ready to tackle the mighty Mont Ventoux on Thursday.
Mont Ventoux and the Nesque Gorge
Today we will be climbing the white slopes of Ventoux from the famous Bedoin side. Depening on our location of stay we will also be riding the beautiful Nesque Gorge with quite possibly one of the most beautiful cycling descents in the world.
Return to the Oisans
After breakfast we will be returning back to the Oisans for lunchtime. The afternoon will be free for you to ride the Pas de la Confession or do a little souvenir shopping in Bourg d'Oisans
Today its time to say goodbye. With a good breakfast inside of you it will be time to depart the Oisans for your journey onto your next destination.
- Welcome meeting with ride and safety information.
- Fully supported rides from our vehicle with fresh water.
- Luggage transfers.
- Bike mechanic with tools and track pump.
- Picnic lunch Sunday to Tuesday and Thursday only.
- Twin room shared basis.
- Full GPX files and route profiles.
- Travel to the start of the holiday in the Oisans
- Travel from the finish of the holiday in Oisans
- Travel Insurance.
- Evening meals and drinks.
No Details Found